Each day throughout the festival we will post daily highlights of some of the key events happening across the festival – both here on the blog and in our podcast feeds as well…
The final day dawns in this years Nene Valley Festival. Nine action packed days comes to a climax today with a range of activities and events taking place all over the region.
- Come and Meet the Settlers – takes place at Stanwick Lakes today from 1030am.This wonderful immersive event is the finale of this years festival and offers visitors the chance to step back and enjoy thousands of years of Nene Valley history. With displays, installations and even the chance to take part in some old-school activities like Axe Throwing! Please be sure to join us and see out this years festival with a bang!
- Also taking place at Stanwick Lakes today – a number of Angling workshops taking place in association with Nenescape and the Mid Northants Trout Fishers Association. Pop on down and try your hand at angling for the first time while picking the brains of the experts on hand. Sessions begin from 10am.
- The Charles Kitchen exhibition INTO THE LIGHT continues at 78 Derngate today. Visitors can pop along from 10am and explore this fascinating collection, as well as the beautiful setting of 78 Derngate itself – designed of course by Charles Rennie Macintosh.
- Meanwhile anyone looking to get outdoors and walk off a little energy today can still pop along to the Nene Valley Trail – which takes a beautiful scenic route through Barnwell Country Park, or the All Aboard for Rushden Trail – which can be accessed along the Rushden Greenway. Be sure to bring a phone a tablet for that trail and scan the art codes for all sorts of interesting art installations!
- Finally Oundle Cinema opens its doors this evening for a screening of the British Film Fishermans Friends. Tickets for the screening cost £6.50 and the film begins at 7pm.