Each day throughout the festival we will post daily highlights of some of the key events happening across the festival – both here on the blog and in our podcast feeds as well…
Day seven of the Nene Valley offers a range of options for anyone looking to enjoy the sunshine and get outdoors to enjoy the last of this wonderful summer:
- Cloud River is a book of lyrical landscape poetry set in the Cambridgeshire Fens and its author Charles Bennett visits the Old barn in Wadenhoe this evening for a reading from 7pm.
- The latest in our series of health walks takes place in the surroundings of the beautiful Rushden Hall. We depart at 10am for an even paced walk lasting up to 60 minutes, although we can adjust the route to suit the participants!
- If you’re interested in cinema, Downton Abbey or both – then we are also extremely excited to be teaming up with Northampton Filmhouse for Downton At Delapré, a chance to combine your Downton Abbey cinema ticket with an exclusive upstairs/downstairs tour at Northampton’s 900-year-old hidden gem for just £20. Find tickets links and more here.
- Rock n Roll singer Marty Wilde and the Wildcats visit the Castle Theatre in Wellingborough to bring the sound of vintage rock n roll to the festival.
- Finally the Phipps Brewery in Northampton opens its doors for a are tour of the facility this evening. The tours begin from 6pm and you can find more information here.