Evie Godfrey

The village has two Church of England churches reflecting the fact that the village is formed from two separate ones. St Andrew’s is externally mostly 13th century including a tower. There are monuments to Christopher Freeman (d.1610) and Rev Nicholas Latham (d.1620). All Saints’ is also 13th century but only the chancel remains after the rest was demolished in 1825 and that retains the Montagu monuments: Henry Montagu (d.1625), Dame Letice Montagu (d.1611).

Barnwell railway station on the Northampton to Peterborough line closed in 1964. The building remains preserved as a private residence on the corner of Well Lane and the A605.