As we start to come out of lockdown, we are looking forward to reopening our various facilities in the Park and look forward to gradually welcoming our visitors from far and wide back to Nene Park. Take a look at the key visitor facts and the dates below for when different facilities will be open again:
- Car parks, toilets and play areas are all operating as normal
- Cafes are operating a takeaway service
- BBQs and picnics are permitted within the Park but please remember to use the fixed BBQ stands or your own BBQs which are raised off the ground. Please also dispose of your rubbish in the correct bins and place BBQs and ash in the BBQ bins.
- Nene Outdoors watersports and activity centre reopens – just in time for the Easter holidays!
- The centre will be offering all Pay and Play paddlesports including swan pedalos, kayaks, canoes, rowing boats, SUPs, windsurfing and sailing dinghy hire. Just pop down, no need to book in advance! Find out more about water Pay and Play activities here.
- Nene Outdoors will also be resuming cycle hire, you can book on the day or hire online in advance.
- Private launch will be available again for the public to come and launch their own vessels.
- Lakeside Sailing Club will resume again.
- The Nene Outdoors hire reception will be situated in the doorway of the Nene Outdoors building and so customers will not enter the actual building. The changing rooms will remain closed but the public toilets will be open in the Lakeside car park. The changing rooms will only be available for the Sailing Club or emergencies.
- The accessible changing room will be available for Park users.
- The Visitor Centre & Gift shop will reopen its doors with a wide range of spring gifts and treats.
- The Nene Outdoors shop will reopen for all your watersports needs.
- Lakeside Kitchen & Bar and the Ferry Meadows cafe will be able to serve food for customers sitting outside.
- Our new Lakeside Farm Shop, next to Nene Outdoors, will open for the first time, packed with locally grown and sourced produce.
- Our eco-electric boat, Wyndham, will operate a service offering sightseeing cruises around Overton Lake on weekends and daily during school holidays. These 30-minute pre-bookable trips will depart from the Visitor Centre Jetty and are available as group bookings only at this time until restrictions relax further. Find out more
- Open water swimming sessions to resume on Thursdays in May once the water temperature is high enough.
- Lakeside Kitchen & Bar and the Ferry Meadows cafe will be able to open their doors and serve food for customers sitting inside.
- Our two campsites will be open for stays. Enjoy a night under canvas on the peaceful banks of Gunwade Lake. ‘The Glade’ and ‘Lakeview’ campsites, are ideal for families and offer visitors the choice of a pitch-only booking or bell tent hire. Find out more
- The Lakeside Meeting room will be available to book. Find out more.
- Other events and activities will be able to resume in the Park.
Please keen an eye on our website and social media for further announcements and updates on what is happening in the Park.
While we go through these gradual stages of reopening, we would also like to remind our visitors to keep social distancing in mind at all times during their visit, to keep the Park safe for all.
- Give way to others on narrow paths or bridges
- Keep dogs on leads or under close control
- Pedestrians and cyclists to be considerate to each other when sharing paths
- Use the hand sanitiser stations regularly
- Dispose of litter in the correct bins.