Now the programme is complete except for a few special guests we may sneak in! Read about it all below with handy individual links or check out everything here https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/
Day 1 Wed 12 May
7pm Opening event – Alan Moore and Mitch Jenkins’ Show Pieces with Q&A with Director Mitch Jenkins and Editor Colin Goudie – see our other WordPress post above for their biographies.
Day 2 Thur 13 May
Thur 6pm – Sat 6pm 48hr preview of Surge starring Ben Whishaw with Northampton Filmhouse https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087f5ddaa51530030e5381b £9.99
8pm 48hr Film Competition Winner of Winners Screening including Q&A FREE https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6086939fde0ec1007f24adbb Get a free ticket to watch the 10 short films anytime Day 1 – Day 3 then we’ll send you the separate streaming link for the Q&A at 8pm but will be on www.facebook.com/NorthamptonFilmFestivalUK and www.youtube.com/screennorthants
Day 3 Fri 14 May
Documentary day – films will be available Day 1 6am – Day 3 11.45pm
Peace Beats: Sisters – Tony Klinger https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087f86bff261b0087572e69 £3.00 #premiere
Nene by Benjamin Till – Screen Northants https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/607dceba36d523004cbda263 FREE
Tony Conrad: Completely in the Present – Paul Williams Burning Bridges https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087f77f74e6d00069faab47 £3.00
Welcome to the Dark Ages – Paul Williams Burning Bridges https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087f7dad745e00037ef4275 £3.00
The Man That Got Carter – Tony Klinger https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087f8a7f487bd00b9f9a4fb £3.00
Now extended: 6.30pm Tony Klinger Director/Producer (Sisters, The Man Who Got Carter) Q&A FREE https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/tony-klinger-director-and-producer-q-a-free-608681214af02c00379cd529
6.30pm – 7.15pm we will start off discussing Tony’s documentary Sisters. Alongside Tony we will be joined from around the world by Dan Blackwell, the film’s Director and Composer, and Nahid Shahalimi. Forced to leave Afghanistan in 1985, Nahid and her family moved to Canada where she was raised before shifting to Munich where she solidified her career as an author, a human rights activist, an international consultant on Gender, a former professional athlete, a filmmaker and one of the most prolific international artists in the art world today.
Then 7.15pm – 8pm we will dedicate to The Man Who Got Carter, of course still with Tony but also joined by filmmaker Paul Martin and Executive Producer Colin Vaines. Colin’s credits as a producer include ‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ which starred Annette Benning and ‘Gangs of New York’ directed by Martin Scorsese. See the link above for Tony’s biography.
8.30pm Paul Williams Producer Burning Bridges (Welcome to the Dark Ages, Tony Conrad) Q&A FREE https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/paul-williams-producer-q-a-free-608682b341d6e2003e048ea3 See this link for Paul’s biography.
Day 4 Sat 15 May
11am – 6pm Screen Northants Academy at Northampton Film Festival: masterclasses, workshops and talks FREE
- 11am Film and TV Clinic https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/film-and-tv-cv-clinic-screen-northants-academy-at-nff-2021-free-60898e41ba047b0053f46efd FREE Zoom
- 12pm Putting yourself out there: some useful tips for people who feel anxious about networking and pitching https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/putting-yourself-out-there-how-to-help-your-brain-enjoy-the-experience-screen-northants-academy-at-nff-2021-free-608990518f921b00b48deadc FREE Zoom
- 1.30pm In Conversation with Northants based Chris Sayer and Jason Arber about all things animation, VFX, illustration and film https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/in-conversation-with-chris-sayer-and-jason-arber-screen-northants-academy-at-nff-2021-free-608c05d74c0f0300551a622e FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube
- 2.30pm Emmy award-winning Tim Hands talks Post Production Sound https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/emmy-award-winning-adr-supervisor-tim-hands-talks-post-production-sound-screen-northants-academy-at-nff-2021-free-6093be7ec6b9a6005cb3ba06 FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube
- 4pm ScreenSkills Mentoring in association with Screen Northants Academy info session and Q&A https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/screen-skills-mentoring-in-association-with-screen-northants-academy-info-session-sn-academy-at-nff-2021-free-6093d2cea650d90081b28402 FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube
- 5pm Producers of Surge Julia Godzinskaya & Sophie Vickers Q&A https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/q-a-with-producers-of-surge-julia-godzinskaya-sophie-vickers-sn-academy-at-nff-2021-free-6096984acbba0b00984054cf FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube.
8.45pm Moon crew Q&A with Production Designer Tony Noble, Costume Designer Jane Petrie, DOP Gary Shaw and Gaffer Ewan Cassidy https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/moon-crew-q-a-with-the-production-and-costume-designers-director-of-photography-and-gaffer-60969ba50432d000373908b9 FREE Sign up for tickets to get streaming details
Day 5 Sun 16 May
Sun – Tue preview of Wildfire with Northampton Filmhouse £9.99 – Book via the Filmhouse
Shortlisted main competition short films will be available all day 6am – 11.45pm https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6087fd004cd1a20099e43b5b FREE
2pm Shortlisted short films Q&A part 1 https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/short-film-competition-shortlisted-filmmakers-q-a-part-1-free-60880170de12230062cebcff FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube
4pm Shortlisted short films Q&A part 2 https://northamptonfilmfestival.eventive.org/schedule/short-film-competition-shortlisted-filmmakers-q-a-part-2-free-608800c07628260029db14ee FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube
7pm Monsters with Director Gareth Edwards and Northants Editor Colin Goudie Q&A https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/60880feaefecf50094674f08 £5.50 Find biographies on our blog post.
Day 6 Mon 17 May
Schools films will be available all day 6am – 11.45pm https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6088045598817d005920bd24 FREE
6.30pm Nene – Screen Northants with Q&A https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/608805214be8e4009b39bbf6 £9.99 / £5.50
Day 7 Tue 18 May
7.30pm The Jack in the Box followed by a Q&A with Director Lawrence Fowler https://watch.eventive.org/northamptonfilmfestival/play/6094f859a91d73004c82ac75 £5.50
Day 8 Wed 19 May
7.00 – 9.00pm Closing Ceremony livestream FREE Streamed live to our Facebook and SN Youtube