Picture of a swan sitting next to a longboat in Peterborough
All vessels kept, used or let for hire on Anglian Waterways must be registered with the Environment Agency (EA) or with the Canal & River Trust (CRT) on a Gold Licence. Please note a CRT standard river and canal licence does not cover you on Anglian Waterways.

Annual or short term (1, 7 or 31 days) EA registrations can be obtained by contacting the boat registration team on 03708 506 506.

Photograph by Judi Alston