Following the recent government guidance on the phased return of outdoor sports in England, the Nene Outdoors team is excited to announce a first stage re-opening at the Watersports and Activity Centre on Gunwade Lake in Nene Park, Peterborough.
From Saturday 6 June, outdoor enthusiasts will be able to enjoy swan pedalo rides and cycle hire services daily between 11am and 6pm, however bookings must be made online and in advance to comply with government regulations.
A number of changes have been made to our usual hire procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, which will always remain our foremost priority.
- All hire will take place outside of the Nene Outdoors buildings, which remain closed for the time being.
- Our swan pedalos will be available to hire at £16 for a 30 minute slot on the Nene Park booking page, which will go live at 10am on Friday 5 June.
- Pedalo time slots will be released 24 hour in advance.
- Cycle hire can be booked on the Rutland Cycling website from just £9.99, where customers will have a choice of mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, children’s bikes, child seats and trailers, a tandem or even an electric bike!
- To ensure the safety of our customers, staff will be wearing personal protective equipment at all times and the hire equipment will be thoroughly sanitised in high contact areas between each use.
- Customers will be asked to adhere to social distancing by keeping 2 metres from others at all times and to follow safety guidance by using the hand gel available before and after hire, avoid touching their face and ensuring they wash their hands thoroughly when they return home.
- If customers are displaying symptoms or living in a household with someone else who has a possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection we ask you to remain safely at home.
Plans are in place to widen the watersports and activity offer just as soon as it is safe to do so. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for updates.
For any queries, please contact the Nene Outdoors team by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!